Accreditation of WRCC
Willmar Regional Cancer Center (WRCC) is accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Nationwide, only 30% of all hospitals are accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC), and 70% of all cancers are treated at these hospitals.
In order to receive accreditation by the CoC, the cancer facility must demonstrate a commendation level of compliance with standards that represent the full scope of the cancer program, including cancer committee leadership, cancer data management, clinical services, research, community outreach, and quality improvement.
Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multispecialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education, and support
- A Cancer Registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care