A Registered Dietician is an important member of your Care Team and will work with you to maintain your weight and stay healthy throughout your treatment. Talk to your dietician about complementary nutrition therapies, dietary supplements, and guidance on how to integrate them into your care plan, if appropriate.
Your Cancer Care Coordinator can provide you with a variety of wellness resources and supportive care services that can help relieve your symptoms, reduce stress, and promote healing. Some of these include acupuncture, massage, meditation and yoga. Please contact your Cancer Care Coordinator for details.
Launched by ClearWay MinnesotaSM in 2001, QUITPLAN® is a free, professional counseling service that has helped over 100,000 Minnesotans in their efforts to quit tobacco. Everyone in Minnesota has access to free phone coaching to quit tobacco: either through their health plan or through QUITPLAN® services. If you are uninsured or your health plan doesn’t cover phone coaching, you can use QUITPLAN® Services. For more information about QUITPLAN® services, visit www.quitplan.com or call 1-888-354-PLAN (7526).
Willmar Regional Cancer Center Therapy Dog Program provides comfort, support and animal companionship to patients and their families. All dogs accepted into the program are American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizens and are registered with Therapy Dogs Incorporated. Therapy dog handlers are Willmar Regional Cancer Center trained volunteers.
Therapy dog visits may reduce loneliness, offer entertainment and distraction, and are often a welcome change from routine. This special therapy program is not a substitute for traditional health care. Instead, it enhances and complements the care prescribed by the healthcare team.
Patches are safe, effective and therapeutic.
Professionally Formulated Therapeutic Essential Oil Blends:
- Calming – eases tension, creates peace and happiness
- Lavender – promotes rest, calms, balances
- Q-Easy – helps calm and settle digestive uneasiness
- Refresh – bright citrus aroma – brings smiles
- Rested – quiets the mind and relaxes the body to rest
- Reduces stress, anxiety, nausea and pain
- Provides a non pharmaceutical option that is safe and cost effective
- Improves patient outcomes and satisfaction scores
- Supports that patient with self care-symptom relief and comfort
- A welcome distraction during times of discomfort
For questions or concerns, contact:
Lisa McBrian, care coordinator at 320-231-4483
For more information to order patches, visit: